Cardinal Kft. celebrating the 20th anniversary of its establishment this year received the Business Superbrands Award for the 5th time
Cardinal Számítástechnikai Kft. was established on 12 February 1992 so it celebrated its 20th birthday this year. It also received the Business Superbrands Award again, already for the 5th time, on 4 December, 2012, which means that we have received all possible Business Superbrands awards.
A panel of professional experts awarded the Business Superbrands award to the best B2B brands active on the Hungarian market for the 5th time.
It is not only the 5th year that we received this award in a row but our company also celebrated the 20th anniversary of its establishment this year. We are proud of both anniversaries.
The secret of Cardinal's success lies in our reliable and stable operation. We have delivered
stable solutions over the past 20 years of our continuous operation and growth, and our partners
express their satisfaction through long-term business cooperation. Our slogan also refers to the jubilee: 'Serving our partners for 20 years now'.
Now that we are celebrating such important anniversaries, we have overviewed the various milestones that played major roles in Cardinal's life:
Electronic banking systems
Cardinal Kft. was the first firm in Hungary to offer banks and their clients software that allowed the provision/use of electronic banking services, and we have become the market leader in this specific area by now.
Major milestones of the Electra electronic banking system:
- 1994 - The first system called Spectra is launched by Creditanstalt (successor in title: UniCredit Bank). The system has been in use, enhanced and upgraded for 17 years now.
- 1997 - The KIS / Kid system is introduced at KELER Zrt.
- 2001 - MS Windows versions of Electra applications are released
- 2002 - The Electra system is supplemented with an Internet Banking service
- 2007 - HypEx (automated) client terminal is introduced
- 2010 - The system is complemented with a Mobile Banking service
- 2012 - The Electra system is used by 14 banks and 122 co-operative savings associations.
Document management systems
The other business line of Cardinal Kft. focuses on the Craft document management system, which is used by banks, insurance companies and other financial service providers to process the documents they receive electronically or in hard-copy, and to control the related administration and management workflows.
Major milestones of the Craft document management system:
- 1994 - BondSystem: a securities processing system is introduced at KELER Zrt.
- 1996 - CRAFT SpecimenSignature: digitising and storing specimen signature cards
- 1997 - CRAFT PF1: an order processing and archiving system
- 1998 - CRAFT Archive: a product supporting the digitising and electronic archiving of documents
- 2004 - CRAFT Enterprise: a complete toolkit required for implementing the paper-free office
- 2008 - CRAFT Enterprise: introduction of workflows that users can design themselves
- 2012 - 6 banks use our order processing solution and our document processing system is used by 10 credit institutions and insurance companies.